Specialists from Mass General’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offer timely advice on creating an ideal work-from-home setup for relaxed and sustainable productivity.
Daniel Tobert, MD
Daniel Tobert, MD
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedic Spine Service at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
159 Wells Ave.
Newton, MA 02459
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 & 22 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Tobert's primary research focus is optimizing patient outcomes through improved decision making. Specifically, this involves utilizing improved metrics and statistical techniques to better understand which patients benefit from surgical or non-surgical treatments.
- Tobert DG, Kelly SP, Xiong GX, Chen YL, MacDonald SM, Bongers ME, Lozano-Calderon SA, Newman ET, Raskin KA, Schwab JH. The impact of radiotherapy on survival after surgical resection of chordoma with minimum five year follow-up. Spine J. 2022 Apr 22. PMID: 35470086
- Tobert DG, Yeung CM, Morse CR, Lee SG, Schwab JH. Anterior Column Reconstruction with Vascularized Rib After Thoracic Spondylectomy: A Case Report. JBJS Case Connect. 2022 Jan 20;12(1). PMID: 35050933
- Schoenfeld AJ, Ferrone ML, Blucher JA, Agaronnik N, Nguyen L, Tobert DG, Balboni TA, Schwab JH, Shin JH, Sciubba DM, Harris MB. Prospective comparison of the accuracy of the New England Spinal Metastasis Score (NESMS) to legacy scoring systems in prognosticating outcomes following treatment of spinal metastases. Spine J. 2022 Jan;22(1):39-48. PMID: 33741509
- Karhade AV, Bono CM, Schwab JH, Tobert DG. Minimum Clinically Important Difference: A Metric That Matters in the Age of Patient-Reported Outcomes. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021 Dec 15;103(24):2331-2337. PMID: 34665785
- Bernstein DN, Lans A, Karhade AV, Heng M, Poolman RW, Schwab JH, Tobert DG. Are Detailed, Patient-level Social Determinant of Health Factors Associated With Physical Function and Mental Health at Presentation Among New Patients With Orthopaedic Conditions?. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2022 Oct 6. PMID: 36201422
- Karhade AV, Bernstein DN, Desai V, Bedair HS, O'Donnell EA, Tanaka MJ, Bono CM, Harris MB, Schwab JH, Tobert DG. What Is the Clinical Benefit of Common Orthopaedic Procedures as Assessed by the PROMIS Versus Other Validated Outcomes Tools? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2022 Sep 1;480(9):1672-1681. PMID: 35543521
- Tobert DG, Le HV, Blucher JA, Harris MB, Schoenfeld AJ. The Clinical Implications of Adding CT Angiography in the Evaluation of Cervical Spine Fractures: A Propensity-Matched Analysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018 Sep 5;100(17):1490-1495. PMID: 30180057
Related News and Articles
- Patient Story
- Nov | 1 | 2020
A cyst on her lumbar spine was causing immense pain for Janet. She saw Dr. Daniel Tobert in the Orthopaedic Spine Center to have that cyst removed.