Specialists from Mass General’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offer timely advice on creating an ideal work-from-home setup for relaxed and sustainable productivity.
Daniel Tobert, MD
Daniel Tobert, MD
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedic Spine Service at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
159 Wells Ave.
Newton, MA 02459
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 & 22 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Tobert's primary research focus is optimizing patient outcomes through improved decision making. Specifically, this involves utilizing improved metrics and statistical techniques to better understand which patients benefit from surgical or non-surgical treatments.
- Tobert DG, Le HV, Blucher JA, Harris MB, Schoenfeld AJ. The Clinical Implications of Adding CT Angiography in the Evaluation of Cervical Spine Fractures: A Propensity-Matched Analysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018 Sep 5;100(17):1490-1495.
- Tobert DG, Ferrone ML, Czuczman GJ. Traumatic Atlanto-Occipital Dissociation and Atlantoaxial Instability: Concomitant Ligamentous Injuries without Neurologic Deficit: A Case Report. JBJS Case Connect. 2018 Jul-Sep;8(3):e62.
- Schoenfeld AJ, Tobert DG, Le HV, Leonard DA, Yau AL, Rajan P, Cho CH, Kang JD, Bono CM, Harris MB. Utility of Adding Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Computed Tomography Alone in the Evaluation of Cervical Spine Injury: A Propensity-Matched Analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018 Feb 1;43(3):179-184.
- Tobert DG, Glotzbecker MP, Hresko MT, Karlin LI, Proctor MR, Emans JB, Miller PE, Hedequist DJ. Efficacy of Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring for Pediatric Cervical Spine Surgery. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017 Jul 1;42(13):974-978.
- Tobert DG, Antoci V, Patel SP, Saadat E, Bono CM. Adjacent Segment Disease in the Cervical and Lumbar Spine. Clin Spine Surg. 2017 Apr;30(3):94-101.
- Tobert D, von Keudell A, Rodriguez EK. Lessons From the Boston Marathon Bombing: An Orthopaedic Perspective on Preparing for High-Volume Trauma in an Urban Academic Center. J Orthop Trauma. 2015 Oct;29 Suppl 10:S7-10.
- Tobert DG, Vitale MG. Strategies for treating scoliosis in children with spinal muscular atrophy. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2013 Nov;42(11):E99-E103.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Story
- Nov | 1 | 2020
A cyst on her lumbar spine was causing immense pain for Janet. She saw Dr. Daniel Tobert in the Orthopaedic Spine Center to have that cyst removed.