Blood type is not associated with a severe worsening of symptoms in people who have tested positive for COVID-19, researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) have reported, dispelling previous reports that suggested a correlation between certain blood type and COVID-19
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MBCHB, Aberdeen University School of Medicine
- MBCHB, University of Aberdeen School of Medicine
- MBA, Western Governors University
- Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Fellowship, Stanford Hospital & Clinics
American Board Certifications
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Dua's clinical and outcomes research focuses primarily on diseases involving peripheral vascular disease, limb salvage and critical limb ischemia. She is part of a technology development team that creates tools to increase walking distance, decrease pain and increase wound healing in patients with peripheral vascular disease. Dr. Dua is also involved heavily in surgical outcomes based research using large medical databases to generate both quality outcomes and cost effectiveness data.
1. Dua A, Gologorsky R, Savage D, Rens N, Gandhi N, Brooke B, Corriere M, Jackson E, Aalami O. National assessment of availability, awareness, and utilization of supervised exercise therapy for peripheral artery disease patients with intermittent claudication. J Vasc Surg. 2019 Nov 04.
2. Dua A, Rothenberg KA, Gologorsky RC, Deslarzes-Dubuis C, Lee JT. Long-Term Quality of Life Comparison between Supraclavicular and Infraclavicular Rib Resection in Patients with vTOS. Ann Vasc Surg. 2019 Aug 30.
3. Dua A, Lavingia KS, Deslarzes-Dubuis C, Dake MD, Lee JT. Early Experience with the Octopus Endovascular Strategy in the Management of Thoracoabdominal Aneurysms. Ann Vasc Surg. 2019 Aug 05.
4. Dua A, Rothenberg KA, Wohlaer M, Rossi PJ, Lewis BD, Brown KR, Seabrook GR, Lee CJ. Unplanned 30-day readmissions after endovascular aneurysm repair: An analysis using the Nationwide Readmissions Database. J Vasc Surg. 2019 Nov; 70(5):1603-1611.
5. Dua A, Rothenberg KA, Lee JJ, Gologorsky R, Desai SS. Six-Month Freedom From Amputation Rates and Quality of Life Following Tibial and Pedal Endovascular Revascularization for Critical Limb Ischemia. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2019 Apr; 53(3):212-215.