Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Stoneham
1 Montvale Avenue
Stoneham, MA 02180
Mass Eye and Ear Waltham
1601 Trapelo Rd.
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins
- Fellowship, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Zebardast’s research focuses on epidemiology and global health. Working with international colleagues, she established a multicenter trial to study angle-closure glaucoma. Additionally, she has used large datasets and statistical methods to understand the prevalence of eye disease and its functional impact.
Currently, she aims to use anterior segment imaging, in particular swept source OCT technology, to better understand angle-closure glaucoma progression. Additionally, she plans to use big data and machine learning methodologies for glaucoma detection and characterization of progression. She hopes that this work will not only optimize glaucoma diagnosis, but also help establish care in under-served regions, thereby decreasing the global burden of this disease.
1. Kempen JH, Pistilli M, Begum H, Fitzgerald TD, Liesegang TL, Payal A, Zebardast N, Bhatt NP, Foster CS, Jabs DA, Levy-Clarke GA, Nussenblatt RB, Rosenbaum JT, Sen HN, Suhler EB, Thorne JE. Remission Of Non-Infectious Anterior Scleritis: Incidence And Predictive Factors. Am J Ophthalmol. 2019 Apr 02.
2. Kavitha S, Ramulu PY, Venkatesh R, Palaniswamy K, Kader MA, Raman GV, Rajendrababu S, Zebardast N. Resolution of Visual Dysphotopsias after Laser Iridotomy: Six-Month Follow-up. Ophthalmology. 2019 03; 126(3):469-471.e1.
3. Mudie LI, Varadaraj V, Gajwani P, Munoz B, Ramulu P, Lin FR, Swenor BK, Friedman DS, Zebardast N. Dual sensory impairment: The association between glaucomatous vision loss and hearing impairment and function. PLoS One. 2018; 13(7):e0199889.
4. Srinivasan K, Zebardast N, Venkatesh R, Ramulu PY. Reply. Ophthalmology. 2018 05; 125(5):e36-e37.
5. Srinivasan K, Zebardast N, Krishnamurthy P, Abdul Kader M, Raman GV, Rajendrababu S, Venkatesh R, Ramulu PY. Comparison of New Visual Disturbances after Superior versus Nasal/Temporal Laser Peripheral Iridotomy: A Prospective Randomized Trial. Ophthalmology. 2018 03; 125(3):345-351.