Adam Landsman, DPM, PhD
Adam Landsman, DPM, PhD
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3487
Revere, MAPhone: 781-485-6000
Waltham, MAPhone: 617-726-3487
About Adam Landsman, DPM, PhD
Dr. Landsman’s goal is to relieve pain in your feet, and return you to full activity. My approach is to help you understand the diagnosis and give you options to address it directly, quickly, and safely. I try to draw on my engineering background to bring you the latest approaches and technologies. I am patient and will listen to you, to get you back on your feet again.
Adam Landsman, DPM, PhD, FACFAS is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Harvard University School of Medicine, and a Podiatrist in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is Board Certified in Foot Surgery. Previously, he was Chief of Podiatric Surgery at Cambridge Hospital, and he directed the Podiatric Research Fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, and he currently is a member of their Journal Managerial Committee. More recently, he served as the Scientific Chair of the International Aesthetic Foot Society as well.
Dr. Landman's current focus is on wound and ulcer care for diabetics, minimally invasive foot surgery, and on injectable and implantable biologics such as stem cells. As a biomedical engineer, Dr. Landsman has developed surgical instrumentation, created new surgical procedures, and worked on biologic implants that are widely used in foot surgery today. Dr. Landsman has participated in 35 clinical trials, authored approximately 90 peer-reviewed scientific papers, several book chapters, and has lectured extensively in the United States and internationally. He enjoys photography, cooking, fishing, and bicycling, and is a very mediocre guitar player!
- Diabetic foot & ulcer treatment
- Foot surgery
- Heel pain
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Stem cells
Foot & Ankle Service: Podiatry
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Revere HealthCare Center
300 Ocean Ave.
Revere, MA 02151
Mass General/Newton-Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
- DPM, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania
American Board Certifications
- Foot and Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery***
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Injectable and implantable biologics such as stem cells for treatment of joint and tendon pain
- Advanced treatments for diabetic foot ulcers
- Minimally invasive foot surgery
- Near Infrared Spectroscopy for monitoring cutaneous blood flow
- New technologies for treating onychomycosis
- New techniques for treating bunions, hammertoes, plantar fasciitis, and neuromas
- Landsman, AS, et al; A Retrospective Clinical Study of 188 Consecutive Patients to Examine the Effectiveness of a Biologically Active Cryopreserved Human Skin Allograft (TheraSkin) on the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers and Venous Leg Ulcers; Foot Ankle Spec, 2011 February 4(1): 29-41.
- Landsman, AS, et al; An Open-Label, Three-Arm, Pilot Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Topical Microcyn Rx Wound Care Versus Oral Levofloxacin Versus Combined Therapy for Mild Diabetic Foot Infections, J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011 Nov 101(6): 484-96.
- Landsman AS, Robbins AH. Treatment of mild, moderate, and severe onychomycosis using 870- and 930-nm light exposure: some follow-up observations at 270 days. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2012 Mar-Apr 102(2): 169-71.
- Landsman AS, et al. A Prospective, Randomized, Double-blinded Study with Crossover to Determine the Efficacy of Radio-frequency Nerve Ablation for the Treatment of Heel Pain. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2013 Jan 103(1): 8-15.
- Kayce, JA, Buchanan, J, Landsman, AS; “Complications following allograft and xenograft resurfacing of the first metatarsal head; a case series”, Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2018, August 35(3):271-280.
- Melick, G, Hayman, N, Landsman, AS; “Mesenchymal stem cell applications for joints in the foot and ankle”, Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2018, August 35(3):323-330.
- Landsman, AS, et al; “Near Infrared Imaging Spectroscopy for Assessing Skin and Wound Oxygen Perfusion” Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2018, August 35(3):343-355.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings