Evan O'Donnell, MD
Evan O'Donnell, MD
Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgeon
Assistant Team Physician: New England Patriots; Harvard College
Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. O’Donnell’s academic interests are of shoulder preservation, biological optimization, and reparative and reconstructive surgeries. He has published on the medical comorbidities that affect rotator cuff repair, the timing of rotator cuff repair, the outcomes of total shoulder replacements, and shoulder associated health care cost analyses.
- O'Donnell EA, Fu MC, White AE, et al. The Effect of Patient Characteristics and Comorbidities on the Rate of Revision Rotator Cuff Repair. Arthroscopy. 2020;36(9):2380-2388. doi:10.1016/j.arthro.2020.05.022.
- Figgie MP, Kahn B, O'Donnell EA. Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Open Orthop J. 2020;14:82-87. doi:10.2174/1874325002014010082
- Anakwenze OA, O’Donnell EA, Jobin CM, Levine WN, Ahmad CS. Medical Complications and Outcomes after Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: A Nationwide Analysis. Am J Orthop. 2019. Oct;47(10). Doi: 10.12788/ajo.2019.0086
- Nwachukwu BU, O’Donnell EA, McLawhorn AS, Cross MB. Episode of Care Payments in Total Joint Arthroplasty and Cost Minimization Strategies. HSS J. 2016 Feb;12(1):91-3. doi: 10.1007/s11420-015-9460-x. Epub 2015 Sep 2.PMID: 26855635
- Anakwenze OA, Kwon D, O'Donnell E, Levine WN, Ahmad CS. Surgical treatment of posterolateral rotatory instability of the elbow. Arthroscopy. 2014 Jul;30(7):866-71. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2014.02.029. Epub 2014 Apr 14. PMID: 24731385.