About Ali Topaloglu, MD
After graduating from the Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine in Adana and subsequently training in Pediatrics at the Istanbul Zeynep Kamil Children’s Hospital in Turkey, Dr. Topaloglu came to the USA to do his training in Pediatric Endocrinology at the Loyola University of Chicago, followed by a postdoctoral fellowship in Molecular Genetics at the Mount Sinai School Medical Center. In 1999, he returned to Turkey and worked as a professor at his alma mater until he came back to the USA in 2016 to work at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He joined the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology at MGH in 2022.
In his current post, he has enjoyed being a clinician/scientist academician throughout his career. Dr. Topaloglu has authored over 100 peer-reviewed articles and textbook chapters and presented at major international conferences. His research has focused on how the hypothalamo-pituitary–gonadal axis is regulated, specifically, what starts puberty, which remains an enigma to date. Most notably, in association with his colleagues, he has discovered the essential role of neurokinin B and its receptor in human puberty. These findings helped characterize the GnRH pulse generator as the Kisspeptin (KNDy) neurons of the hypothalamus in the brain. His eventual aim is to gain complete insight into the stimuli initiating the pubertal process and the underlying mechanisms leading to delayed and absent puberty in adolescents.
Dr. Topaloglu is a clinician scientist who cares deeply about his patients and their quality of life and loves understanding the physiology of hormones and their interactions with multiple organ systems.
- MD, Cukurova University School of Medicine
- Residency, Istanbul Zeynep Kamil Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Loyola University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings