Not Accepting New Patients
About Shahein Tajmir, MD
Dr. Tajmir is a dual board-certified Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine physician with advanced training in abdominal, musculoskeletal, and cardiac imaging.
He specializes in the use of advanced cross-sectional imaging techniques (CT, MR, PET/CT, PET/MR, SPECT) to non-invasively diagnose cancer, coronary artery disease, and musculoskeletal pathologies. He has a focus on PET/MR protocol development, previously clinical director of PET/MR at another large academic medical center where he developed the SuperPET concept in PET/MR.
Dr. Tajmir is also a member of the Theranostics team at MGH, offering Radium223 (Xofigo), Lutetium Dotatate (Lutathera), and Lutetium PSMA (Pluvicto) therapies for patients in New England.
His training includes a transitional residency at BIDMC/Signature Healthcare in Brockton, MA, followed by a combined Diagnostic Radiology/Nuclear Medicine residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology, American Board of Nuclear Medicine, and Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Dr. Tajmir has an interest in IT/Operations and serves as Director of MGH Nuclear Medicine IT. He currently is working to deploy machine learning algorithms into the MGH PACS environment and modernize the NMMI service lines at MGH/MGB.
- Artificial intelligence
- Cardiac imaging
- Clinical trials
- Musculoskeletal imaging
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine, American Board of Nuclear Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings