- Clinical Interests
- Bone disorders related to neuroendocrine dysfunction
- Pituitary disease
- Pituitary tumors
- Reproductive Dysfunction
- Medical Education
- MD, New York University School of Medicine
- Residency, New York University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
- Research Summary
- My study of how 100 patients with acromegaly came to diagnosis targeted education on this rare disease to professionals who most likely encounter it. I investigated a long acting somatostatin analog with a novel delivery system. I have contributed to several reviews on acromegaly and hyperprolactinemia and edited chapters on these topics. I have created an acromegaly database, including longitudinal data in over 350 patients, which will improve clinical practice strategies and serve as a resource for clinical investigation and as a model for database construction. I received an investigator initiated award to study long term treatment of acromegaly with somatostatin analogs.
Growth hormone deficiency after treatment of acromegaly: a randomized, placebo-controlled study of growth hormone replacement.
Miller KK, Wexler T, Fazeli P, Gunnell L, Graham GJ, Beauregard C, Hemphill L, Nachtigall L, Loeffler J, Swearingen B, Biller BM, Klibanski A. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Feb;95(2):567-77. Epub 2010 Jan 8.
Effectiveness of self- or partner-administration of an extended-release aqueous-gel formulation of lanreotide in lanreotide-na?ve patients with acromegaly.
Salvatori R, Nachtigall LB, Cook DM, Bonert V, Molitch ME, Blethen S, Chang S; SALSA Study Group. Pituitary. 2010 Jun;13(2):115-22.
Dr. Lisa Nachtigall is the Clinical Co-director of the Neuroendocrine and Pituitary Tumor Center at Massachusetts General Hospital.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696