- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Head and neck cancer
- Sinonasal Tumors
- Proton radiation therapy
- Adult skull base tumors
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Radiation Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
- Research Summary
Clinical and translational research in head and neck and skull base cancers.
Partial list of recent publications:
- Chan AW/Loeffler JS. Conventionally Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy for Vestibular Schwannomas: Favorable Outcome with Minimal Toxicity. Neurosurgery. 2005 Jul;57(1):60-69.
- Pommier P/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Skull Base Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 2006;132:1242-1249.
- Patel S/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. In: Proton and Heavier Charged Particle Radiotherapy. Delaney T and Kooy H, editors. Lippincott Willimas and Wilkins, 2007.
4. Chan AW and Liebsch NJ. Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. J Surg Oncol. 97(8):697-700, 2008.
- Truong MT/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Sphenoid Sinus Malignancies: Treatment Outcome and Prognostic Factors. Head and Neck 31(10):1297-1308, 2009.
- Chan AW. Advantages of Proton Beam Therapy. In: Functional Preservation and Quality of Life in Head and Neck Radiotherapy Harari PM, editor. Springer, 2009.
- Moore MG/Chan AW. Risk of Incisional Recurrence after Midface and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in Sinonasal Malignancies. Skull Base, 2011 (In press).
- Margalit DN, Chan AW. Proton Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management. Bernier J, editor. Springer, 2011 (In Press).
9. Margalit DN, Chan AW. Particle Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. Radiation Medical Rounds, 2011 (In Press).
- Wang JJ/Chan AW. Risk of Pharyngoesophageal Stricture after Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. Head and Neck, 2011 (In Press).
Proton beam therapy shows encouraging long-term outcome for patients with locally advanced sinonasal cancers
Proton beam radiation therapy shows encouraging results for patients with locally advanced sinonasal malignancies, according to a study led by Annie Chan, MD, a radiation oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital.
100 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2606
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002