- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Adrenal nodules
- Adrenal disorders
- Kidney stones
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Sherri-Ann M. Burnett-Bowie MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and a clinical investigator in the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Endocrine Unit, where her research focuses on skeletal and non-skeletal effects of vitamin D, and clinical trials of treatments for osteoporosis. She cares for patients seen at the MGH Endocrine Associates and the MGH Bone Density Center. Dr. Burnett-Bowie is an Associate Director of the MGH Center for Diversity and Inclusion and the Director of Multicultural Affairs for the Department of Medicine at MGH. Teaching and increasing diversity and inclusivity are central to her mission.
- Research Summary
Dr. Burnett-Bowie's research is focused on skeletal and non-skeletal consequences of vitamin D deficiency, and clinical trials of treatments for osteoporosis.
- Burnett, SM, S Gunawardene, FR Bringhurst et al. Regulation of c-terminal and intact FGF23 by dietary phosphate in men and women. JBMR 2006.
- Burnett-Bowie, SM , BZ Leder, MP Henao et al. Randomized trial assessing the effects of ergocalciferol administration on circulating FGF23. CJASN 2012.
- Mitchell, DM, MP Henao, JS Finkelstein, SM Burnett-Bowie. Prevalence & predictors of vitamin D deficiency in healthy adults. JCEM 2012.
- Tsai, JN, Uihlein, AV, H Lee et al. Teriparatide & denosumab, alone or combined, in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis: the DATA study randomised trial. Lancet 2013
- Finkelstein , JS, H. Lee, SM Burnett-Bowie et al. Gonadal steroids & body composition, strength, and sexual function in men. NEJM 2013
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” This quote of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was shared by keynote speaker Sherri-Ann Burnett-Bowie, MD, MPH, clinical investigator in the Endocrine Unit, an associate director of the MGH Center for Diversity and Inclusion and director for Multicultural Affairs for the Department of Medicine, at this year’s annual celebration of the civil rights leader, hosted by the Association of Multicultural Members of Partners.
In General awards and recognitions: May 4, 2012
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117