- Clinical Interests
- Pituitary disease
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
- Dr. Lawson is a clinical researcher who studies the role of the hormone oxytocin in a range of disorders, including hypopituitarism, eating disorders, osteopenia/osteoporosis and obesity. Her research also focuses on endocrine abnormalities and food motivation pathways in anorexia nervosa.
- Lawson EA et al. Hypopituitarism associated with a giant aneurysm of the internal carotid artery. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93(12):4616.
Lawson EA et al. Decreased nocturnal oxytocin levels in anorexia nervosa are associated with low bone mineral density and fat mass. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2011; 72(11):1546-51.
Lawson EA et al. Oxytocin secretion is associated with severity of disordered eating psychopathology and insular cortex hypoactivation in anorexia nervosa. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012; 97(10):E1898-908.
Lawson EA et al. Leptin levels are associated with decreased depressive symptoms in women across the weight spectrum, independent of body fat. Clinical Endocrinology. 2012; 76(4):520-5.
A synthetic nasal formulation of the hormone oxytocin reduced caloric intake in healthy men, particularly consumption of fatty foods, after a single treatment, a new study finds.
Designed to sustain productivity of women scientists at the MGH who are balancing their research careers with the responsibilities of raising a family, the Claflin Distinguished Scholar Awards annually are presented to junior faculty members at the MGH.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696