Dr. Albright is an accomplished surgeon who treats all pediatric orthopedic disorders, with emphasis on the pediatric spine and hip.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Pediatric orthopaedics
- Adolescent scoliosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Hip dysplasia
- Pediatric trauma
- Congenital musculoskeletal deformities
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Pediatric fractures
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital|Fellowship, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Maurice Albright earned his BA from Harvard University in 1990 and his MD from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1995. Following medical school, Dr. Albright completed his residency in General Surgery at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and two fellowships in Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery - the first at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, Texas and the second at Children's Hospital Boston.
Dr. Albright is actively involved in teaching medical students, residents and fellows through his role as an Instructor at Harvard Medical School and Program Director of the Peabody Pediatric Orthopaedics Fellowship Program.
- Research Summary
Dr. Albright has varied interests in improving non-surgical and surgical treatments of common pediatric disorders.
Select Publications and Presentations:
- Albright M, Grottkau B, Rebello G. Excision of Calcaneonavicular Tarsal Coalition. Video Presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2009 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Albright, M. Steel Triple Innominate and Chiari Osteotomy. The Adult Hip, 2nd edition. Callaghan J, Rosenberg A, Rubash H. Chapter 54, Volume 1 Sept 2006: 816-825.
- Albright M, Grottkau B, Rebello G. Calcaneal Lengthening for Planovalgus Foot Deformity. Video presentation at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2006 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Chapman V, Grottkau B, Albright M, Elaini A, Halpern E, Jaramillo D. MDCT of the elbow in pediatric patients with posttraumatic elbow effusions. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2006 Sep;187(3):812-7.
- Shah MA, Albright MB, Vogt MT, Moreland MS. Superior mesenteric artery syndrome in scoliosis surgery: weight percentile for height as an indicator of risk. J Pediatr Orthop. 2003 Sep-Oct;23(5):665-8.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3E
Boston, MA 02114-2696
2014 Washington St
Newton, MA 02462