- Medical Education
- MD, University of Athens School of Medicine
- Residency, Baragwanath Hospital|Residency, Hippokration General Hospital|Residency, Los Angles County/Univ. of California Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Los Angles County/Univ. of California Women's Hospital|Fellowship, UCLA Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Irene Souter, MD is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology (OB/GYN) and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School. She is a reproductive endocrinologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Fertility Center and directs the MGH Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Program (PGD). She received her medical degree from the University of Athens, completed her OB/GYN residency at the University of Southern California, and her clinical fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) at UCLA. Prior to her residency training she completed a research fellowship at USC and pursued international medical work in South Africa.
Dr. Souter manages a high-volume clinical practice, is committed to teaching, and is passionate about clinical outcomes research. Her clinical practice cares for couples with female and male infertility, and offers a wide range of treatments to include intrauterine insemination (IUI) with or without induction of ovulation, in vitro fertilization (IVF), PGD, freezing of oocytes, gamete donation and 3rd party reproduction, as well as treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, recurrent pregnancy loss, congenital uterine anomalies, fibroids, and polyps. Her clinical practice is located at MGH in Boston, MA.
Her clinical research focuses on i) clinical outcomes of ovulation induction treatments, ii) effects of the environment on reproductive health, and iii) PGD. She has co-authored numerous articles, and has delivered multiple national and international presentations. She is actively involved in the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology and multiple other organizations. As a member of the MGH REI Academic Faculty and in her role as the Associate Director of the REI Fellowship Program, she is very dedicated to the teaching and mentorship of OB/GYN residents and fellows.
Urinary concentrations of cyclohexane-1,2-dicarboxylic acid monohydroxy isononyl ester, a metabolite of the non-phthalate plasticizer DINCH, and markers of ovarian response among women attending a fertility center.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114-2696