- Clinical Interests
- Cervical incompetence
- Preterm Birth
- Multiple gestation
- Medical Education
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Residency, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
William H. Barth, Jr, MD, is Chief of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology Service at Massachusetts General Hospital and Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School.
He is Chair of the Committee on Obstetric Practice for the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is an Oral Examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Before retiring as a Colonel in the United States Air Force in 2005 he served as Department Chair at Wilford Hall Medical Center, as Chief Consultant to the Surgeon General for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and as Commander of the 407th Expeditionary Medical Group in Iraq.
His primary research interests since 1996 have been in the design and conduct of a number of randomized trials in clinical obstetrics and perinatology. His clinical practice and interests are in the areas of preterm birth, cervical insufficiency, multiple gestations and intrapartum obstetrics.
William J. Barth, MD, talks about the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division
William J. Barth MD, chief of the General Obstetrics Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at Massachusetts General Hospital, talks about the practice and the importance he finds in the patient-physician relationship.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114-2696
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623