Takara Stanley is a clinician in the MGHfC Pediatric Endocrine Unit and a clinical investigator in the Pediatric Endocrine Unit and MGH Program in Nutritional Metabolism. Her research interests include nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, hormonal perturbations associated with obesity, and metabolic effects of growth hormone, She directs the pediatric endocrine training program at MGHfC.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pituitary disorders
- Obesity medicine
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
- Growth and nutritional disorders
- Endocrine issues in Williams Syndrome
- Endocrine issues in Trisomy 21
- Endocrine disorders in HIV
- Transgender medicine
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Takara Stanley, MD, is a pediatric endocrinologist with particular interests in neuroendocrinology, metabolism, and obesity. She completed pediatric residency at Massachusetts General Hospital for Children (MGHfC) in 2006, and a fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at MGHfC in 2009. She directs the pediatric endocrine fellowship training program at MGHfC. She is active in the Pediatric Endocrine Society, for which she currently chairs the Drug and Therapeutics committee.
Dr. Stanley is active in clinical research investigating hormonal, metabolic, and body composition abnormalities in obesity and HIV-infection, as well as the relationship between growth hormone dynamics and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). She also has a strong interest in characterizing the endocrine and metabolic characteristics of individuals with Williams Syndrome.
- Research Summary
My general research interest is the interrelationship between body fat distribution, pituitary hormone dynamics, and metabolic abnormalities such as insulin resistance and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). As a member of the MGH Program in Nutritional Metabolism, I have worked primarily on clinical research investigating abnormalities in growth hormone dynamics resulting from states of visceral obesity, and the relationship of altered growth hormone to NAFLD and other cardiometabolic abnormalities that accompany obesity. I have also done work investigating endocrine and metabolic features of Williams Syndrome. Learn more about research at the Pediatric Endocrine Program and Diabetes Center.
A focus on the positive is the mindset behind a new coaching program in the Pediatric Residency and Fellowship programs at MGHfC. The coaching program aims to maximize the experiences of interns, residents and fellows by pairing them with providers who coach trainees on personal and professional goals.
The third-annual Family-Centered Grand Rounds, “The A Team— Building an Effective Healthcare Team,” honed in on the importance of team communication in care.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696