Dr. Kreher specializes in non-operative management of pediatric conditions of muscles, bones, joints and sports medicine. He is a Pediatrician with advanced training in orthopedic and sports related conditions of pediatric and adolescent populations.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Pediatric orthopaedics
- Pediatric sport injuries
- Pediatric fractures
- Overuse injuries
- Alignment disorders
- Hip and leg abnormalities
- Care of multisport athletes
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Residency, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Boston Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Jeffrey Kreher specializes in non-operative management of pediatric conditions of muscles, bones, joints and sports medicine. He is a Pediatrician with advanced training in orthopedic and sports related conditions of pediatric and adolescent populations.
Dr. Kreher has a varied undergraduate education including time at the Air Force Academy, St. Louis and Stuttgart, Germany. He went on to earn his MD degree from University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine in 1999. He completed his Pediatric and Internal Medicine Residency at Indiana University in 2003, where he served as Chief Resident. After practicing medicine for a few years in Indiana, Dr. Kreher completed a Primary Care Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine fellowship at Boston University/Boston Medical Center in 2007. Prior to joining the staff at MassGeneral, Dr. Kreher worked at Emerson Hospital and Cambridge Health Alliance.
Dr. Kreher is very active in the musculoskeletal education of medical students and residents at Harvard Medical School along with the Pediatric Residents of Massachusetts General Hospital for Children. He also serves as a Team Physician to a variety of amateur athletes (High School through Olympic levels) and professional athletes.
- Research Summary
Dr. Kreher's research areas include the following three areas:
- Common pediatric musculoskeletal and sports medicine conditions in the primary care arena such as the high school athlete, overuse injuries, exercise promotion, and sports related concussion,
- Pediatric musculoskeletal education of medical students and residents, and
- Endurance and multisport athletes.
Select Publications and Presentations:
- Putukian M, Kreher JB, Coppel DB et al. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and the Athlete: An American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Position Statement. Clin J Sport Med. 2011;21(5):392-400.
- Kreher, J. Congenital cervical disease. In The 5 Minute Sports Medicine Consult. Ed. Mark Bracker. 2nd Edition 2011.
- Kreher, J. Foot osteochondroses. In The 5 Minute Sports Medicine Consult. Ed. Mark Bracker. 2nd Edition 2011.
- Kreher, J. Paronychia. In The 5 Minute Clinical Consult. Ed. Frank Domino. 16th Edition 2008 and 17th Edition 2009.
- Pecci, M & Kreher, JB. Clavicle fractures. Am Fam Phys. 2008;77(1):65-70.
- Kreher, J. Medial Elbow Pain in the Throwing Athlete. Podium Presentation. New England ACSM Annual Meeting, Nov. 2006.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3E
Boston, MA 02114-2696
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623