- Centers & Specialties
- Medical Education
- MD, Eastern Virginia School of Medicine
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Residency, University of Virginia Health System
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital|Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Hanna Gaggin is a clinical investigator, educator and cardiologist who focuses on evidence-based application of Precision Medicine in Cardiology-how best to target treatment to the individual to optimize clinical benefit and minimize adverse effects. This involves designing and performing clinical trials to evaluate heart failure and myocardial infarction (including supply and demand mismatch-related type 2 MI) phenotypes and response to specific therapy using novel machine learning techniques, biomarkers and longitudinal data. She is also interested in improving the efficiency of clinical trials and participates in registries, diagnostic studies and drug trials. She serves as an Editorial Consultant for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology: HF. She is overseeing the launch of the HF with Preserved Ejection Fraction Program where clinical research and clinical practice complement each other closely.
Another area of interest is in peer and patient education. Dr. Gaggin is the founder and co-Editor of the MGH Cardiology Board Review Book (1st and 2nd editions) and led the launch of the MGH Cardiology Board Review Course 2017 as the founder and co-course director. Currently she is working with Harvard Medical School as a Course Director to test and develop an On Demand Cardiology education program. She represents Cardiology in the Internal Medicine Department at MGH as a Subspecialty Core Educator.
Dr. Gaggin graduated from the Eastern Virginia Medical School in 2003. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at the University of Virginia Health System, followed by an MPH at Harvard School of Public Health with a concentration in Quantitative Methods in 2007. She completed her clinical cardiology fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and clinical research fellowship at MGH and joined the faculty at MGH in 2012.
Mass General physicians presented on the podium, moderated sessions or showcased posters over 50 times at the American College of Cardiology 2018 Scientific Session.
Eight can't miss sessions at the ACC.18 Scientific Sessions that include Mass General presenters.
In a large systematic surveys of the frequency and implications of supply/demand-related Type 2 MI a suite of risk factors has been identified to help ensure patients receive proper care.
Noninvasive models to predict the presence of coronary artery disease may help reduce the societal burden of CAD.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696