- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Essential thrombocytosis
- Polycythemia vera
- Medical Education
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General Waltham
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
I am a hematology-oncology physician who specializes in the care of patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN), chronic myeloid leukemia and leukemia. I am an active clinical researcher and lead the MPN research program at MGH; I lead several clinical trials and participate in translational research for MPN . In addition, I am the clinical director for the adult leukemia service at MGH.
In addition, I strive to provide compassionate care for each patient and his or her family and to tailor therapy to meet each patient's individual needs.
I grew up in Mexico city and I am fluent in Spanish, I welcome takng care of patients that speak primarily Spanish.
Hobbs GS, Hanasoge Somasundara AV, Kleppe M, Litvin R, Arcila M, Ahn J, Mckenney AS, Knapp K, Ptashkin R, Weinstein H, Heinemann MH, Francis J, Chanel S, Berman E, Mauro M, Tallman MS, Heaney ML, Levine RL, Rampal RK. Hsp90 inhibition disrupts JAK-STAT signaling and leads to reductions in splenomegaly in patients with MPNs. Haematologica. 2017 Oct 19.
Hobbs GS, Rozelle S, Mullally A. The Development and Use of Janus Kinase 2 Inhibitors for the Treatment of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2017 Aug;31(4):613-626. doi: 10.1016/j.hoc.2017.04.002. Epub 2017 May 17. Review.
Hobbs GS, Rampal RK. Clinical and molecular genetic characterization of myelofibrosis. Curr Opin Hematol. 2015 Mar;22(2):177-83.
Hobbs, G*., Hamdi*, A., Hilden, P., Goldberg, J, Poon, M., Ledesma, M., Devlin, S., Rondon, G.. Papadopoulos, E., Jakubowski, A., O'Reilly, R., Champlin, R., Giralt, S., Perales, M*, Kebriaei, P*. Outcomes in Patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in First or Second Complete Remission Receiving Ex-Vivo T-Cell Depleted or Unmodified Allografts: Comparison of Results at Two Institutions. Bone Marrow Transplant, January, 26, 2015.
Hobbs, G.S., Landrum, M.B., Arora, N.K., Ganz, P.A., van Ryn, M., Weeks, J.C., Mack, J.M., Keating, N.L. The Role of Families in Decisions Regarding Cancer Treatments. Cancer, in press.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
100 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114-2606