Dr. Dredge is a general pediatric neurologist with experience diagnosing and managing a diverse spectrum of neurological disorders in children.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Hereditary peripheral neuropathies
- Myasthenia gravis
- Neonatal seizures
- Neonatal neurology
- Fetal neurology
- Pediatric stroke
- Headache disorders
- Movement disorders
- Tics/Tourette syndrome
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral palsy
- Medical Education
- MD, UMASS School of Medicine
- Residency, Baystate Medical Center|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Northampton: Cooley Dickinson Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Dredge joined the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Pediatric Neurology in September 2016 as an Assistant Professor in Neurology and the Director of Resident Education for Child Neurology. Dr. Dredge was previously on staff at Baystate Medical Center and Tufts University, where he served as an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics and Director of Student and Resident Education for the pediatric neurology department from 2009 to 2016. In 2017 he was named the Co-Director of the MGH Pediatric Neuromuscular Program.
Dr. Dredge completed residency training in Pediatrics at Baystate Medical Center and residency training in Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital. He attended the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Carleton College as an undergraduate.
Dr. Dredge is a general pediatric neurologist with a special interest in neuromuscular disorders. He is an active participant in the care of patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and is the site director of the Certified Duchenne Care Center. His additional clinical areas of interest include myasthenia gravis, hereditary neuropathies, fetal/neonatal neurology and epilepsy. Areas of academic interest include Duchenne muscular dystrophy, neonatal seizures and sleep activated childhood epilepsy syndromes.
In his personal time, he spends time with his wife and 4 children, plays the guitar, plays nerdy card games and practices tai chi.
Dredge DC, Krishnamoorthy KS. Neonatal Meningitis. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated September 7, 2012. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1176960-overview
Dredge DC, Parsons EC, Carter LP, Staley KJ. Anticonvulsant hypersensitivity syndrome treated with intravenous immunoglobulin. Pediatric Neurology 2010; 43: 65-69.
David Dredge, MD, and Danielle Pier, MD, are leading the next generation of trainees, fostering their careers through evidence-based education. The roles as clinician teachers, which are unique to Pediatric Neurology, recognize the importance of education in moving both the field and trainees’ careers forward.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
22 Atwood Drive
Northampton, MA 01060