Joseph Garasic, MD
Joseph Garasic, MD
Director, Peripheral Vascular Intervention
Medical Director, Cardiac Access Unit
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-7400
About Joseph Garasic, MD
Dr Garasic was born in Chicago, IL and has lived in Boston since 1986. He is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, and completed his Internal Medicine residency, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease, and advanced Fellowship training in Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Medicine and Intervention all at Brigham and Women's Hospital / Harvard Medical School in Boston. He has been on-staff and the Director of Peripheral Vascular Intervention within the Cardiology Division at Massachusetts General Hospital since 2001. Dr Garasic is the Medical Director of the Cardiac Interventional Unit at MGH, is a member of the cardiac catheterization staff, and the section of Vascular Medicine. He is Co-director of the Vascular Diagnostic and Intervention fellowship within Cardiology at MGH. His area of research interest involves clinical investigations of renovascular disease and carotid vascular disease, as well as the discovery of novel endovascular procedures, and the novel use of existing endovascular devices. His clinical practice involves the management of patients with complex and multi-segmental vascular disease. His primary office practice is located on the MGH Main Campus, and he also attends a general cardiology outreach clinic in Nantucket, MA.
Dr Garasic and his wife reside locally in Boston.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Carotid artery disease
- Renovascular Disease
- Resistant Hypertension
Mass General Heart Center: Cardiac Catheterization Lab
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Excaliper: A resource for developing EKG-reading skills
Developed by a Mass General cardiologist, Excaliper provides case-based, interactive videos written by our team of expert cardiologist educators.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings