- As we return to our usual state of operations, we continue to put proper measures in place to keep patients and staff safe
- Patients are encouraged to continue their care as recommended. Gastroenterology clinics and endoscopy unit are open. Clinicians are available to see patients in-person in our clinic or by virtual visits, which use your smart phone or computer to see and speak to your clinician
- Our endoscopy practices are open across all sites at Blake 4, Charles River Plaza and Danvers. We continue to take enhances measures to ensure safety, including COVID testing of all patients 48 hours prior to procedure
- Routine lab testing and radiology exams are being performed at Mass General and our affiliates
TO: Massachusetts General Hospital Gastroenterology Patients and Families
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Mass General Gastroenterology is continuing to provide care for our patients. We recommend that our patients keep their scheduled clinic and procedure appointments and do not postpone their gastrointestinal care. We are also seeing new patients for consultation both in-person and by virtual visit. Most routine lab testing and radiology exams can be scheduled and performed. Our clinicians are available during normal business hours in both clinic and endoscopy.
In endoscopy, we are working to schedule all patients who had been formerly deferred, and also schedule any patients who have a procedure request ordered by your primary care physician. Patients will be asked to have a COVID test 48 hours prior to their procedure, which will be required in order to proceed. We are asking all patients to please keep your endoscopy procedure appointments as scheduled in order to preserve this timeline of testing prior to procedure. If you are unable to keep your procedure appointment, please let us know at least 1 week in advance so that we can offer that appointment slot to another patient.
In-person care is safe at Mass General GI and we encourage patients to keep their appointments as recommended by their provider. We have taken the necessary precautions to ensure our space is safe for both staff and patients. Below is an overview of our efforts:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of our facilities
- Patients and staff are screened for symptoms and exposures each day
- COVID testing for all patients having an endoscopic procedure 48 hours prior to their procedure
- Direct admission to the exam room for in-person clinic patients to avoid the office waiting room
- Direct admission to the pre-procedure bay for endoscopy upon arrival to avoid the waiting room
- After procedures, patients will be brought to the front door by our staff to be picked up by their escort
If you have any questions for your GI provider, please use Patient Gateway as the most direct and efficient manner to contact your care team.