Ragon Building Planning and Construction
Massachusetts General Hospital is building for the future of health care as we embark on a multi-year construction project that will result in a state-of-the-art clinical care building along Cambridge Street in Boston.
Building for the Future of Health Care
Massachusetts General Hospital is committed to providing transparency and information about plans, work, and progress as the Phillip and Susan Ragon Building—the new home to the Mass General Cancer Center and the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center—moves forward. Check back here for regular, timely updates.
Construction & Logistical Updates
Check here for logistical updates, upcoming community meetings and more.
Two Week Look Ahead
Get the latest updates on scheduled work, road and sidewalk restrictions, utility work and more.
1 of 1
Phillip and Susan Ragon Building Project: By the Numbers
- 1.05 million square feet of space
- 5 continuous podium level floors above street level
- 2 inpatient towers
- 6 below-ground levels for parking and support services
- 482 new private single-bed rooms
- 23 cardiovascular OR/interventional procedure rooms
- 100 infusion bays
- 120 exam rooms
- 13 imaging modalities
- 864 parking spaces
- 566 bicycle parking spaces
- 46,000 square feet of public space
- 1,000 new jobs
1 of 1