The Orthotics and Prosthetics Department at Massachusetts General Hospital provides patients with custom fabricated braces (orthoses) and prosthetic devices (prostheses). Our department works closely with physicians, therapists and nurses to provide patients with appropriate devices for their condition, including:
- Consultation with physicians and therapists
- Evaluation of the patient
- Measuring, fitting and adjusting the device
- Maintaining an inventory of items to supply the needs of hospital units, such as Surgical Day Care, for the treatment of patients who have orthopedic, neurosurgical, circulatory and other disorders
- Treating all genders and age groups
Our department has four practitioners and a technical staff who evaluates and treats patients. For available positions in our department, please visit the Mass General careers page.
Orthotics and Prosthetics Department
Yawkey building, 3rd floor, Unit C
Hours: Monday – Friday (except holidays)
A practitioner is on stand-by for emergency inpatient assistance only during non-business hours. Appointments are preferred, however walk-in patients are accepted.