Given the increase in community transmission of COVID-19, and continued influenza and RSV activity, we have revised our visitor policy.
The visitor policy for Obstetrical Units is as follows:
- Outpatient Obstetrics Practice: No visitors
- Inpatient Antepartum Unit: No visitors
- Labor & Delivery Unit: 1 visitors, age 18 or older, limited to spouse or coach
- Postpartum Unit: 1 visitor, age 18 or older, limited to spouse or coach
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): 1 visitors, limited to parents/guardians or support persons
- Individuals with respiratory tract symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, sore throat or other respiratory symptoms) will not be permitted to enter outpatient offices or inpatient units (Labor & Delivery, Postpartum/Antepartum Units, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
- Individuals who have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will not be permitted to visit
Our visitor guidelines are important to help prevent the spread of infection and keep our patients, visitors and staff safe and healthy. The health of our pregnant women, new mothers and their babies is our top priority. We realize that these restrictions may cause challenges, and we are sorry for any inconvenience or difficulties they may cause. If you have questions or concerns, please speak with the patient’s doctor or nurse.
Patient tours of Labor and Delivery and the Newborn Family Units are suspended until further notice. Photographs are posted on our website – visit the Obstetrics Program page.
Childbirth and parenting classes are suspended until May 9th.