Massachusetts General Hospital speech-language pathologists offer exceptional care that is individualized and centered on patient and family needs.
Guided by the needs of our diverse patients families and communities the Department of Speech, Language and Swallowing Disorders & Reading Disabilities strives to:
- Provide the highest quality care for individuals with communication and swallowing disorders in a thoughtful and compassionate manner
- Share best practices
- Mentor current and future generations of speech-language pathologists
- Advance practice through clinical research and innovation
Our Commitment to Patients and Families
Patients and families are our primary focus and their experience reflects our commitment to our mission, where:
- Care is individualized and centered on patient and family needs
- Quality of life drives care
- Patients are empowered to ask questions, seek answers, and explore options in the delivery of their care
- Patient feedback is encouraged and welcomed and is used to improve systems and operations
143 BeCause Events
In 2018, there were 143 BeCause fundraising community events.