Browse media coverage of the Voice Center at Massachusetts General Hospital.
The Voice Center's groundbreaking work has been featured in national and international media outlets.
Vocal Cord (Glottic) Cancer
- Successful New Laser Treatment for Vocal-Cord Cancer Preserves Voice. Science Daily. (May 7, 2008)
- Lasers May Treat Cancers of the Larynx. New York Times. (May 6, 2008)
- Breakthrough Treatment Saves Vocal Cords and Lives. (Mentions Voice Center patients Julie Andrews, Cher and Steven Tyler). ABC World News. (April 30, 2008)
- Are You Damaging Your Vocal Cords? The Doctor Oz Show. (October 2010).
Recurrent Respiratory Papilloma (RRP)
- Attacking Vocal Cord Disease with Cancer Drug. ABC World News. (May 28, 2009)
Vocal Cord Scarring (Biomaterial)
- New Material Could Offer Hope to Those With No Voice. MIT News. (July 14, 2011)
- Voice Restoration (mentions Voice Center patient Roger Daltrey of The Who). CBS News Health Watch. (December 2010)
- Giving Voice: A Surgeon Pioneers Methods to Help Singers Sing. The New Yorker. (March 4, 2013)
- Celebs Gather for Voice health Institute and MGH’s Steven Zeitels. Boston Globe. (January 28, 2013)
- How To Save Adele And Improve Medicine: 14/100 Most Creative People in Business. Fast Company. (June 2012)
- Rolling Stone’s 25 Best Things in Rock: Steven Zeitels 13/25. Rolling Stone Magazine. (April 2012)
- Adele's Throat Surgeon: 'The Show Must Go On'. BBC. (February 21, 2012)
- Exclusive: Adele's Surgeon Calls Grammy Performance 'Totally Inspirational'. MTV News. (February 14, 2012)
- Adele: One and Only. Vogue. (February 13, 2012)
- Meet Adele's Vocal Cord Surgeon, Dr. Steven Zeitels. CBS News. (February 13, 2012)
- Adele’s Famous Throat Doctor Made Tonight’s Soaring Return Possible. CBS News. (February 12, 2012)
- Grammy Awards: Adele's Return From Vocal Cord Surgery Is On Pace. Los Angeles Times. (February 11, 2012)
- Hoops Icon Vitale Voice Some Support for River. New York Post. George A. King III. (December 4, 2011)
- Advances in Medicine Lead Stars to Surgery. New York Times. James McKinley. (November 18, 2011)
- Throat Surgery and Top Singers. National Public Radio – On Point. Mike Pesca. (November 15, 2011)
- Adele’s Doctor on How to Save a Voice. Wall Street Journal. John Jurgensen. (November 14, 2011)
- Adele Undergoes Surgery on Her Vocal Cords. New York Times. James McKinley. (November 7, 2011)
- The Surgery That Saves Silenced Singers. National Public Radio. Elizabeth Blair. (November 6, 2011)
- Rendered Speechless But Holding Out Hope. Boston Globe. (August 1, 2011)
- Vibrating Gel May Give New Voice to Throat-Cancer Patients. Bloomberg News. Elizabeth Lopatto. (November 1, 2011)
- Voice Restoration. Live CNN Interview on The Big I (idea, innovation, intelligence). (July 20, 2011)
- The Who’s Frontman Roger Daltrey Opens Up About Almost Losing His Voice: Part 1. CBS: KCAL. (December 2, 2010)
- Who Better! On Roger Daltrey’s Return to Good Voice Part 2. CBS: KCAL. (December 2, 2010)
- Inventing a Vocal Biogel. Nippon Television–Japan
We provide patients with the same expert care that brings famous voices to the hospital.
The Voice Center at Mass General is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in the development of innovative approaches for improving the diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders.