We provide all patients with the same state-of-the-art care that brings famous voices to the hospital.
Browse media coverage of the Voice Center at Massachusetts General Hospital.
The Voice Center's groundbreaking work has been featured in national and international media outlets.
Vocal Cord (Glottic) Cancer
- Successful New Laser Treatment for Vocal-Cord Cancer Preserves Voice. Science Daily. (May 7, 2008)
- Lasers May Treat Cancers of the Larynx. New York Times. (May 6, 2008)
- Breakthrough Treatment Saves Vocal Cords and Lives. (Mentions Voice Center patients Julie Andrews, Cher and Steven Tyler). ABC World News. (April 30, 2008)
- Are You Damaging Your Vocal Cords? The Doctor Oz Show. (October 2010).
Recurrent Respiratory Papilloma (RRP)
- Attacking Vocal Cord Disease with Cancer Drug. ABC World News. (May 28, 2009)
Vocal Cord Scarring (Biomaterial)
- New Material Could Offer Hope to Those With No Voice. MIT News. (July 14, 2011)
- Voice Restoration (mentions Voice Center patient Roger Daltrey of The Who). CBS News Health Watch. (December 2010)
- Giving Voice: A Surgeon Pioneers Methods to Help Singers Sing. The New Yorker. (March 4, 2013)
- Celebs Gather for Voice health Institute and MGH’s Steven Zeitels. Boston Globe. (January 28, 2013)
- How To Save Adele And Improve Medicine: 14/100 Most Creative People in Business. Fast Company. (June 2012)
- Rolling Stone’s 25 Best Things in Rock: Steven Zeitels 13/25. Rolling Stone Magazine. (April 2012)
- Adele's Throat Surgeon: 'The Show Must Go On'. BBC. (February 21, 2012)
- Exclusive: Adele's Surgeon Calls Grammy Performance 'Totally Inspirational'. MTV News. (February 14, 2012)
- Adele: One and Only. Vogue. (February 13, 2012)
- Meet Adele's Vocal Cord Surgeon, Dr. Steven Zeitels. CBS News. (February 13, 2012)
- Adele’s Famous Throat Doctor Made Tonight’s Soaring Return Possible. CBS News. (February 12, 2012)
- Grammy Awards: Adele's Return From Vocal Cord Surgery Is On Pace. Los Angeles Times. (February 11, 2012)
- Hoops Icon Vitale Voice Some Support for River. New York Post. George A. King III. (December 4, 2011)
- Advances in Medicine Lead Stars to Surgery. New York Times. James McKinley. (November 18, 2011)
- Throat Surgery and Top Singers. National Public Radio – On Point. Mike Pesca. (November 15, 2011)
- Adele’s Doctor on How to Save a Voice. Wall Street Journal. John Jurgensen. (November 14, 2011)
- Adele Undergoes Surgery on Her Vocal Cords. New York Times. James McKinley. (November 7, 2011)
- The Surgery That Saves Silenced Singers. National Public Radio. Elizabeth Blair. (November 6, 2011)
- Rendered Speechless But Holding Out Hope. Boston Globe. (August 1, 2011)
- Vibrating Gel May Give New Voice to Throat-Cancer Patients. Bloomberg News. Elizabeth Lopatto. (November 1, 2011)
- Voice Restoration. Live CNN Interview on The Big I (idea, innovation, intelligence). (July 20, 2011)
- The Who’s Frontman Roger Daltrey Opens Up About Almost Losing His Voice: Part 1. CBS: KCAL. (December 2, 2010)
- Who Better! On Roger Daltrey’s Return to Good Voice Part 2. CBS: KCAL. (December 2, 2010)
- Inventing a Vocal Biogel. Nippon Television–Japan
We provide patients with the same expert care that brings famous voices to the hospital.
The Voice Center at Mass General is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in the development of innovative approaches for improving the diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders.