Because employees who strive for excellence are always reaching for more, Massachusetts General Hospital offers many opportunities for education, training and professional development.
- Earned time - Our employees accrue time off based on years of service and standard hours. This bank of earned time is used for holidays (Mass General observes nine), illness, vacation and personal days. New, full-time employees may earn up to 29 days annually, and the accrual rate is pro-rated for part-time employees. Best of all, at Mass General earned time is not “use it or lose it.” There are options to roll over or cash out unused time. The rate at which time is accrued begins to increase at five years of service.
- Fitness center - Employees have access to The Clubs at Charles River Park, a full-service fitness center located directly behind the hospital’s main campus. All benefits-eligible Mass General employees or Mass General-based Partners employees can join the Clubs at a special, substantially discounted rate.
- Resources for child care and emergency back-up child care - In recognition of the complex needs and schedules of working families, we offer subsidized child care at two Mass General-owned facilities, a back-up child care center to provide emergency child care for both patients and employees and also access to Care.com back-up care (emergency in-home child care).
- “Dinners To Go” - On nights when cooking dinner doesn’t fit in, Mass General’s Dining Service offers nutritious meals to be purchased to go.
- Wellness programs - Be Fit is a Mass General wellness program that guides our employees to a healthier lifestyle by teaching them how to eat better and incorporate exercise into their daily lives. Participants work with Mass General nutritionists and personal trainers during this 10-week journey, in which they compete with co-workers as they make a commitment to “Be Fit, Eat Right and Live Healthy.” In addition, Mass General's Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine offers programs for staff that focus on the relaxation response, positive coping strategies, physical activity, nutrition, social support and other wellness programs.
- Main campus amenities - Getting to the bank or pharmacy before they close can be a challenge. That’s why our main campus houses a pharmacy, post office, banking terminals, hair salon and a hospital gift shop that offers not only items of convenience, but also unique gift items, greeting cards and hospital apparel.
- Perks discounts - Our employees enjoy discounts on tickets and passes for everything from ski resorts to museums to sporting events.
- Pet insurance - We offer the opportunity for employees to purchase insurance for their pets.
- Subsidized MBTA pass - Employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for a public transportation subsidy, available through payroll deduction.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Through the EAP, Mass General employees are provided with free, confidential consultation, short-term counseling, resources and referrals to help address a variety of work/life, family or personal concerns.
- Learn more about additional benefits for career development.