Pediatric Asthma Program
MGHfC Pediatric Asthma Program
275 Cambridge Street, Suite 101
Boston, MA 02114
Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory
Appointments and Referrals
About This Program
Care During COVID-19
Our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best possible care for children. We have taken unprecedented steps to ensure office visits and procedures are welcoming and safe. Your child’s health and safety is our top priority. Learn more.
A Comprehensive, Multidisciplinary Approach
Our staff is expert in the diagnosis and management of asthma in infants, children and adolescents. We provide comprehensive asthma education for patients in need of better asthma control and our goal is to allow children to engage in all age-appropriate activities with a minimum level of medication.
Special services provided by our group include:
- Measurements of lung function, including oxygen saturation
- Complete allergy skin testing
- Imaging, including chest and sinus radiology
State-of-the-Art Care at a World-Renowned Academic Medical Center
Asthma is on the rise in the United States. The incidence among children in the Boston area is as high as 12 percent. Children with asthma often miss school, lose sleep and have impaired physical ability and activity. As part of the Partners Asthma Center, our physicians, nurses and pulmonary-function technicians work together to provide the finest possible care for children with asthma.
Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory
The Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory at MassGeneral Hospital for Children has comprehensive state-of-the-art facilities for performing and interpreting pulmonary function testing in children. The lab is registered with the American Thoracic Society and serves the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Accredited Care Center.
Meet the Team
Our multidisciplinary asthma care team includes pulmonologists, allergists, and certified asthma educators, among other care providers.
- Assistant in Pediatrics, MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Part-time Instructor, Harvard Medical School
- Department of Pediatrics
- Clinical Director of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology
- Chief, Pediatric Pulmonary Unit
- Associate Chief for Education
- Director of Pediatric Sleep Program and Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Exercise Laboratory
- Emeritus Director, MGH Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Principal Investigator, MGH Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutic Development Center
- Program Director Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program
- Director Pediatric Bronchoscopy
- Associate Director CME for MGHfC, Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School, Assistant Pediatrician MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Director, Athlete Pulmonary Performance Program
- Pediatrician, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Clinical Instructor, Harvard Medical School
- Co-Director, MGH Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Co-Director, MGH Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutic Development Center
- Co-Director, Pulmonary Genetics Clinic
- Anita St. John, RN, AE-C
- Elisabeth Scannell Stieb, RN, BSN, AE-C