Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, UCLA School of Medicine
- MD, Univ. of California - LA
- Residency, UCLA Medical Center
- Residency, UCLA Pediatric Medical Education
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital of Boston
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My scientific achievements include the discovery in 2012 of a new disorder (a mutation in the DGAT1 gene), that is found primarily in infants of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. The infants present with a serious type of diarrhea, which if not treated in the first week of life, may result in death. If treated with a simple fat-restricted diet, they grow normally. Additionally, I have completed many clinical trials in ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease to determine the best treatment options for children. I have worked with the FDA and the European Medicines Agency to advocate for expediting approval of medications used to treat children with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.