Joe Kvedar, MD
Joe Kvedar, MD
Professor of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2914
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6100
About Joe Kvedar, MD
Dr. Joe Kvedar is a board-certified dermatologist and Professor of Dermatology at Harvard Medical School.
In addition to his clinical role, Dr. Kvedar is also Vice President, Connected Health, Partners, where he is creating a new model of health care delivery that moves care from the hospital or doctor’s office into the day-to-day lives of patients. Partners Connected Health programs are helping providers and patients better manage chronic conditions, maintain health and wellness, and improve adherence, engagement and clinical outcomes. He is the author of two books on the subject: The New Mobile Age: How Technology Will Extend the Healthspan and Optimize the Lifespan (2017) and The Internet of Healthy Things (2015).
Dr. Kvedar is internationally recognized for his leadership and vision in the field of connected health, and has authored over 100 publications on the subject; the popular cHealth Blog provides his insights and vision for connected health. He is co-chair of the American Medical Association's Digital Medicine Payment Advisory Group, and a strategic advisor at Mavericks Capital, PureTech Ventures and Qualcomm Life.
Dr. Kvedar graduated from University of Vermont, College of Medicine, and completed his residency in dermatology at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital. He contributes to a number of publications, including the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Archives of Dermatology and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology. Dr. Kvedar is a past President and board member of the American Telemedicine Association (ATA) and Past Chair of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Task Force on Telemedicine.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Dermatology (general)
- Moles (nevi)
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Dermatology
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Technologies such as electronic follow up visits, home biometric monitoring, text messaging and social networks offer the opportunity to envision new care models that achieve improved efficiency and outcomes by allowing for more continuous care and improved self care. The Center for Connected Health (connectedhealth.partners.org) has a robust research program that includes efforts to understand the role of these technologies in care model innovation.
- Youn, SJ, Trinh N, Shyu I, Chang T, Fava M, Kvedar JC, Yeung A. Using online social media, Facebook, in screening for major depressive disorder among college students. International Journal of Clinical and Health Psychology. 2013;(1):74-80
- Shive M, Bhatt M, Cantino A, Kvedar JC, Jethwani K. Perspectives about Acne: What Twitter can teach health care providers. JAMA Dermatology. 2013;149(5), 621-22
- Jethwani K, Kvedar JG, Kvedar JC. Behavioral phenotyping: a tool for personalized medicine. Personalized Medicine 2010;7(6):689-693. *(paper involved collaboration with resident or fellow).
- Kvedar JC, Nesbitt T, Kvedar JK, Darkins A: E-patient connectivity and the near term future. J Gen Intern Med. 2011 Nov;26 Suppl 2:636-8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-011-1763-0
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings