When Shea Tufts was born premature at 27 weeks, the Neonatal care team did CPR for 12 nerve-wracking minutes. Now an energetic preschooler, Shea's rocky first months paved the way for her to thrive.
Leslie Kerzner, MD
Leslie Kerzner, MD
Associate Director, Special Care Nursery
Co-Director, Newborn Developmental Follow-up Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Neonatal Critical Care Unit
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- MD, University of VT, College of Medicine
- Residency, Hasbro Children's Hospital/Lifespan
- Residency, Women and Infants Hospital of RI
- Fellowship, Women and Infants Hospital/Care New England
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Substance Abusing mothers and their infants.
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Kerzner, LS, Stonestreet, BS, Wu, KY, Petersson, KH, Sadowska, G, McKnight, AJ, and Malee, MP. Effects of single versus repetitive dosing of antenatal dexamethasone (DEX) on ovine placental 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (11ß-HSD-2) expression and fetal growth. Abstract in Pediatric Research, 2000;47:72A.
- Kerzner, LS, Stonestreet, BS, Wu, KY, Sadowska, GB and Malee, MP. Antenatal dexamethasone: Effect on ovine placental 11-beta-hydroxysteriod dehydrogenase type 2 expression and fetal growth. Pediatric Research, 52(5):706-712,2002.
- Desai, Rishi J.; Huybrechts, Krista F.; Hernandez-Diaz, Sonia; Mogun, Helen; Patorno, Elisabetta; Kaltenbach, Karol; Kerzner, Leslie S.; Bateman, Brian T. 2015, Vol. 351 (8022), 2102-h2102