When Shea Tufts was born premature at 27 weeks, the Neonatal care team did CPR for 12 nerve-wracking minutes. Now an energetic preschooler, Shea's rocky first months paved the way for her to thrive.
Leslie Kerzner, MD
Leslie Kerzner, MD
Associate Director, Special Care Nursery
Director, Newborn Developmental Follow-up Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Neonatal Critical Care Unit
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- MD, University of VT, College of Medicine
- Residency, Hasbro Children's Hospital/Lifespan
- Residency, Women and Infants Hospital of RI
- Fellowship, Women and Infants Hospital/Care New England
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Substance Use Disorder in mothers and their infants.
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Marijuana Use in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Kerzner, LS, Stonestreet, BS, Wu, KY, Petersson, KH, Sadowska, G, McKnight, AJ, and Malee, MP. Effects of single versus repetitive dosing of antenatal dexamethasone (DEX) on ovine placental 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (11ß-HSD-2) expression and fetal growth. Abstract in Pediatric Research, 2000;47:72A.
- Kerzner, LS, Stonestreet, BS, Wu, KY, Sadowska, GB and Malee, MP. Antenatal dexamethasone: Effect on ovine placental 11-beta-hydroxysteriod dehydrogenase type 2 expression and fetal growth. Pediatric Research, 52(5):706-712,2002.
- Desai, Rishi J.; Huybrechts, Krista F.; Hernandez-Diaz, Sonia; Mogun, Helen; Patorno, Elisabetta; Kaltenbach, Karol; Kerzner, Leslie S.; Bateman, Brian T. 2015, Vol. 351 (8022), 2102-h2102