Outpatient Care of Patients with Down Syndrome for Med Students
Directed by Down Syndrome Program physician Stephanie Santoro, MD, this Harvard Medical School course is intended to provide advanced medical students with an exposure to the care of patients with Down syndrome across the age spectrum. People with Down syndrome typically have a number of health needs that arise from their chromosomal condition, which alters the screening tests and milestones that must be considered in the course of a regular clinic visit. Learn more.
Newborn with Down Syndrome Medical Work-up
Our Newborn with Down Syndrome Medical Work-up (PDF) includes a checklist to help you plan the health screenings and resources that are recommended for babies with Down syndrome.
Newborn Care Resources
- Information for Physicians: A Checklist for Caring for Babies with Down Syndrome | View PDF
- Keeping Children and Adolescents with Down Syndrome Healthy: Medical Updates for Doctors
- Keeping Adults with Down Syndrome Healthy
- Lost in Transition: The Transition of Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Down Syndrome Across the Lifespan: Addressing Medical, Psychosocial Needs in the Healthcare Setting