In the Down Syndrome Program, we see expectant parents in private settings to discuss a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome.
In this private consultation, you will meet with some of the following specialists at MassGeneral Hospital for Children:
- Brian Skotko, MD, MPP or Stephanie Santoro, MD
- Amy Torres, BS
- Clorinda Cottrell, MSW, LICSW
- Benjamin Majewski (optional)
During the consultation, our team will specifically address your questions and will be prepared to discuss life with Down syndrome.
Request an Appointment
If you would like a prenatal consultation, please contact Amy Torres, our Program Manager, directly at Downsyndrome@partners.org or 617-643-8912. No intake form is necessary for a prenatal consultation.
In preparation for your visit, you might find the following resources informative:
- If you have not yet made a decision on your pregnancy options, we recommend "Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis." This booklet has up-to-date information about Down syndrome and can be downloaded digitally, for free. The booklet was prepared with assistance from the National Society of Genetic Counselors, the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the National Down Syndrome Society, and the National Down Syndrome Congress. The booklet has also been endorsed by physicians and scholars across the country as the most balanced material for expectant parents to receive following a prenatal diagnosis.
- If you have made a decision to continue your pregnancy, we recommend you visit the web page www.downsyndromepregnancy.org, which offers accurate, up-to-date, and balanced information for free, including the downloadable book, Diagnosis to Delivery: A Pregnant Mother's Guide to Down Syndrome. There is also a downloadable book that can be given to your family members called Your Loved One Is Having a Baby with Down Syndrome (PDF).
- If you are considering adoption services, we recommend that you visit the National Down Syndrome Adoption Network.
Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 6C
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114