55 Fruit Street, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
Care During COVID-19
Our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best possible care for children. We have taken unprecedented steps to ensure office visits and procedures are welcoming and safe. Your child’s health and safety is our top priority. Learn more.
Internationally Recognized Expertise in Pectus Excavatum
This multidisciplinary program is unique in the breadth of specialists who are available to provide state-of-the-art care for your child. Your surgeon will administer a variety of tests to determine the best course of treatment to correct the chest malformation and improve your child’s breathing, cardiac function, posture and ability to exercise. These include:
- Cardiac tests: electrocardiogram, echocardiogram
- Chest imaging: chest x-ray, chest CT (computerized tomography)
- Laboratory studies
- Physical examination
- Pulmonary function tests (performed by a pulmonologist) as an exercise stress test
Partnering to Provide Optimal Surgical Care
Pectus excavatum may be present at birth and often becomes more severe as children reach adolescence. Pediatric thoracic surgeons at MGHfC will work with a multidisciplinary team of experts in imaging, pulmonology and cardiology to provide a personalized treatment program for your child, which may include minimally invasive surgical options. And since MGHfC is an integral part of Mass General, your child’s care does not end here when they become adults, but can continue seamlessly throughout their life.
Learn more about pectus excavatum.
Meet the Team
Meet our board-certified pediatric surgeons.
- Director, Surgical Education, Pediatric Surgery
- Associate Program Director, MGH Surgical Residency Program
- Surgeon-in-Chief, Massgeneral Hospital for Children
- Chief, Pediatric Surgery
- Director, Pediatric Neurogastroenterology Program
- Surgical Director, Fetal Care Program
- Surgical Director, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Surgery
- Department of Surgery
- Director, Pediatric Trauma Services
- Co-Director, MGH Center for Gun Violence Prevention
- Director, Pediatric Surgery Quality and Safety Committee
- Visiting Surgeon, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chief of Pediatric Surgery, Newton-Wellesley Hospital