Our Commitment to Your Safety
The Division of Dentistry at Massachusetts General Hospital is deeply committed to your health and wellbeing, even during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is very important for our patients to continue their regular dental care throughout these unprecedented times, and it is our commitment to you to make sure you feel safe and as comfortable as possible in doing so.
We always utilize evidence-based protocols to keep our patients safe during both routine and specialized dental care—a practice that has become especially important during COVID-19. In addition to closely following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Dental Association (ADA) guidelines, we have implemented other measures to ensure your safety, including:
- Screening dentists, hygienists and all other staff in our dental centers daily for any COVID-19 symptoms
- Screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms before they visit and upon entry to the practice
- Providing all staff and patients surgical face masks; all are required to wear these masks at all times in our practices, except by patients during their actual dental care or procedure
- Dentists, hygienists and other care providers wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout patient visits, both for self-protection and as protection while you are unmasked during your visit
- Limiting the number of people allowed at a time in our waiting rooms to enable at least six feet of physical distancing
- Strictly abiding by the hospital’s limited visitor policy to ensure that only those who have a specific need to be present within the dental practice space are there
To better serve our patients, we have expanded the hours of our Boston and Danvers dental practices:
- The Boston practice is now open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm, and Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm
- The Danvers practice is now open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm (with extended hours Thursday 7 am to 7 pm), and every other Saturday from 7 am to 3 pm
We will continue to work closely with all groups throughout the hospital, including the Mass General Infection Control team, to do everything possible to make our practices safe for you during this challenging time.
If you have any questions for your health care provider, please use Patient Gateway as the most direct and efficient manner to contact your care team.
Our Strength Is Yours
In these unprecedented times, it remains important that you get the care you need for your health conditions. At Mass General, our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best possible specialty care—safely and effectively.