Ramon Gonzalez, MD, PhD
Ramon Gonzalez, MD, PhD
Professor and Associate Chief, Diagnostic Imaging
Director, Translational AI Research
Chief of Neuroradiology, Emeritus
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8628
About Ramon Gonzalez, MD, PhD
Dr. Ramon Gonzalez is chief of the Division of Neuroradiology in the Department of Radiology.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Brain tumors
- Carotid occlusive disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuro AIDS
- Non-invasive neurovascular imaging
- Stroke Imaging
- Transcranial doppler of acute stroke and carotid occlusive
Mass General Imaging: Neuroradiology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- PhD, UC Santa Cruz
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
G Öz, JR Alger, PB Barker, R Bartha, A Bizzi, C Boesch. Clinical proton MR spectroscopy in central nervous system disorders. Radiology, 2014.
RG Gonzalez, WA Copen. The Massachusetts General Hospital acute stroke imaging algorithm: an experience and evidence based approach. J Neurointerv Surg. 2013.
AJ Yoo, ZA Chaudhry, TM Leslie-Mazwi, RG Gonzalez. Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke: current indications. BMC Neurology, 2011.
R Hakimelahi, AJ Yoo, J He, LH Schwamm, RG Gonzalez. Rapid identification of a major diffusion/perfusion mismatch in distal internal carotid artery or middle cerebral artery ischemic stroke. BMC Neurology, 2012.
DS Liebeskind, MW Parsons, M Wintermark, M Selim, RG Gonzalez. Computed Tomography Perfusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke Is It Ready for Prime Time? Stroke, 2015.
TH Burdo, P Autissier, JP Bombardier, C Soulas, RG Gonzalez. Minocycline Inhibition of Monocyte Activation Correlates with Neuronal Protection in SIV NeuroAIDS. PLoS ONE, 2011.
MH Lev, WS Smith, S Payabvash, GJ Harris, RG Gonzalez. Improved Outcome Prediction Using CT Angiography in Addition to Standard Ischemic Stroke Assessment: Results from the STOPStroke Study. PLoS ONE. 2012.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings