Mark Albers, MD, PhD, from Massachusetts General Hospital, discovered a new mechanism that damages nerve cells and triggers an inflammatory response in both ALS and Alzheimer's patients.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- PhD, Harvard University
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Neurological Institute of New York
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
The goal of the research in the Albers lab is to elucidate the pathogenic actions and physiological functions of genes implicated in neurodegenerative disease.
Read more about the Albers Lab.
- Dec | 11 | 2013
Mark Albers, MD, PhD, is developing a set of simple but powerful tools to screen for the very earliest stages of preclinical Alzheimer’s Disease.