Eric Berkson, MD
Eric Berkson, MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Team Physician, Boston Red Sox
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- MD, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency, Rush University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Berkson specializes in the treatment of complex knee ligament and meniscus injuries, revision ACL surgery, cartilage restoration and complex arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder.
Dr. Berkson actively researches clinical outcomes of joint preservation, meniscal repair, multi-ligamentous knee injures as well as shoulder elbow and knee biomechanics with an emphasis on pitching injuries and recovery.
Dr. Berkson is the Founding Director of the MGH Sports Performance Center, a program integrating state of the art technology with the clinical expertise of MGH Sports Medicine physicians, certified athletic trainers, biomechanists, physical therapists, nutritionists and certified strength and conditioning coaches to critically and scientifically analyze athletic activities and to maximize recovery from injury, prevent injuries, and enhance and optimize performance.
Dr. Berkson was identified as an Emerging Leader by the American Orthopaedic Association and was the recipient of the Nicols Foundation Young Researcher Award by the International Society of Arthroscopy.