Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2000
Nantucket, MAPhone: 508-825-8165
About Jeanne Ackman, MD
A.B., Harvard University, 1983-1987
M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1987-1991
Internship, Internal Medicine, Greenwich Hospital, 1991-1992
Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 1992-1996
Mini-fellowships, Pediatric Radiology (6 months), Thoracic Radiology (6 months), Massachusetts General Hospital, 1995-1996
Fellowship, Body/Women's Imaging, Brigham & Women's Hospital, 1996-1997
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Environmental lung disease, Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Preventive medicine
- Thoracic MR (non-vascular)
- Thoracic MRI
- French, German, Italian
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Nantucket Cottage Hospital
57 Prospect St.
Nantucket, MA 02554
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Ackman JB, Wu CC. MRI of the Thymus. Am J Roentgenol. 197:W15-20, 2011.
- Ackman JB, Kovacina B, Carter BW, et al. Sex difference in normal thymic appearance in adults 20-30 years of age. Radiology. 268:245-53, 2013.
- Ackman JB, Wu CC, Halpern EF, Abbott GF, Shepard JA. Non-vascular thoracic magnetic resonance imaging: The current state of training, utilization, and perceived value. Survey of the Society of Thoracic Radiology membership. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 29:252-57, 2014.
- Ackman JB. A practical guide to non-vascular thoracic magnetic resonance imaging. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 29:17-29, 2014.
- Ackman JB, Verzosa S, Kovach AE, et al. High rate of unnecessary thymectomy and its cause. Can computed tomography distinguish thymoma, lymphoma, thymic hyperplasia, and thymic cysts? European Journal of Radiology. 84(3); 524-33, 2015.
Ackman JB, Gaissert HA, Lanuti M, Digumarthy SR, Shepard JO, Halpern EF, Wright CD. Impact of nonvascular thoracic MRI on the clinical decision-making of thoracic surgeons: A two-year prospective study. Radiology. 280(2):464-74, 2016. PMID: 26909650
Ackman JB, Nitiwarangkul C, Mercaldo SF. Extent of intra-protocol and inter-site variability of thoracic MR acquisition times at a large quaternary institution; MR technologist insights as to its causes. J Thoracic Imaging. 34(6):356-61, 2019. PMID: 30913138
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings