Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Imaging
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Womens Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Ackman JB, Kovacina B, Carter BW, et al. Sex difference in normal thymic appearance in adults 20-30 years of age. Radiology. 268:245-53,2013.
- Ackman JB, Verzosa S, Kovach AE, et al. High rate of unnecessary thymectomy and its cause. Can computed tomography distinguish thymoma, lymphoma, thymic hyperplasia, and thymic cysts? European Journal of Radiology. 84(3); 524-33,2015.
- Ackman JB, Gaissert HA, Lanuti M, Digumarthy SR, Shepard JO, Halpern EF, Wright CD. Impact of nonvascular thoracic MRI on the clinical decision-making of thoracic surgeons: A two-year prospective study. Radiology. 280(2):464-74,2016.
- McDermott S, Kilcoyne A, Wang Y, Scott JA, Halpern EF, Ackman JB. Comparison of 18FDG avidity at PET of benign and malignant pure ground glass opacities: a paradox? Clinical Radiology. 74(3):187-95, 2019.
- Ackman JB, Chung JH, Walker CM, Bang TJ, Carter BW, Hobbs SB, Kandathil A, Lanuti M, Madan R, Moore WH, Shah SD, Verde F, Kanne JP.ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Imaging of Mediastinal Masses. Available at https://acsearch.acr.org/docs/3157912/Narrative/. Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR). 18(5S):S37-51,2021.
- Ackman JB, Chintanapakdee W, Mendoza D, Price M, Lanuti M, Shepard JO. Longitudinal CT and MR Imaging Characteristics of Unilocular Thymic Cysts. In press, Radiology.