Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Chen's research interests include:
- Advanced wrist and elbow arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic assisted fracture repair
- Improving treatment of complex upper extremity fractures
- Improving elbow and wrist replacement
- Chen NC, Jupiter JB, Steinmann SP, Ring D. Non-acute treatment of elbow fracture with persistent ulnohumeral dislocation or subluxation. J Bone Joint Surg 2014; 96(15):1308-1316.
- Chen NC, Jupiter JB: Current Concepts: Treatment of distal radius fractures. J Bone Joint Surg 2007; 89: 2051-62.
- Smith MV, Bedi A, Chen NC. Surgical treatment for osteochondritis dessicans of the capitellum. Sports Health. 2012;4:425-32.
- Chen NC, Shauver MJ, Chung KC. Cost-effectiveness of open partial fasciectomy, needle aponeurotomy,and collagenase: injection for Dupuytren contracture. J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36:1826-1834.
- Chen NC, Bedi A. Rotator cuff defect: acute or chronic? J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36:513-5.
- Chen NC, Culp RW, Osterman AL, Chung KC. "Wrist Arthroscopy" in Hand Surgery Update 5. ed. Chung KC. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Rosemont, 2011.
- Chen NC, Cohen MS. "Total Elbow Arthroplasty" in Green's Operative Hand Surgery 7th Edition. Churchill Livingstone.