David Scraders traveled to Mass General for complex hand surgery in the hospital’s Plastic and Orthopaedic Hand Surgery Services, with care coordination by the International Patient Center.
Neal Chen, MD
Neal Chen, MD
Program Director, Hand Surgery Fellowship Program
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
New patients: 617-726-4700
Existing patients: 617-643-6971
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Chen's research interests include:
- Advanced wrist and elbow arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic assisted fracture repair
- Improving treatment of complex upper extremity fractures
- Improving elbow and wrist replacement
- Chen NC, Jupiter JB, Steinmann SP, Ring D. Non-acute treatment of elbow fracture with persistent ulnohumeral dislocation or subluxation. J Bone Joint Surg 2014; 96(15):1308-1316.
- Chen NC, Jupiter JB: Current Concepts: Treatment of distal radius fractures. J Bone Joint Surg 2007; 89: 2051-62.
- Smith MV, Bedi A, Chen NC. Surgical treatment for osteochondritis dessicans of the capitellum. Sports Health. 2012;4:425-32.
- Chen NC, Shauver MJ, Chung KC. Cost-effectiveness of open partial fasciectomy, needle aponeurotomy,and collagenase: injection for Dupuytren contracture. J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36:1826-1834.
- Chen NC, Bedi A. Rotator cuff defect: acute or chronic? J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36:513-5.
- Chen NC, Culp RW, Osterman AL, Chung KC. "Wrist Arthroscopy" in Hand Surgery Update 5. ed. Chung KC. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Rosemont, 2011.
- Chen NC, Cohen MS. "Total Elbow Arthroplasty" in Green's Operative Hand Surgery 7th Edition. Churchill Livingstone.