Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Cantabria School of Medicine
- Residency, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Neuropathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Current and recent projects include:
- Study on the immune microenvironment of glioblastoma, and its relationships with survival, molecular subtypes, and other clinicopathological characteristics
- Analysis of the molecular milieu of glioblastoma in the clinical setting, using next generation sequencing to assess the frequency of coexisting mutations in glioblastoma and their impact in clinical trial selection and therapy guidance
- Neuropathological aspects of early clinical trials on investigational cell therapy using patients’ own T-cells (CAR-T) modified to recognize EGFRvIII, a mutation seen in glioblastoma
- Neuropathological correlates of specific MRI parameters in the differentiation of recurrence versus treatment-related changes (“pseudo-progression”) in patients with glioblastoma
- Pathological assessment of an animal model of glioma to assess key aspects of gliomagenesis, tumor stem cell characteristics, and aggressiveness.
- Evaluation of the interaction of novel immune therapies with the central and peripheral nervous system
- Investigation of molecular markers involved in the underlying mechanisms of meningioma progression and meningioma aggressiveness
- Examination of certain morphological, immunohistochemical, and clinical aspects of pituitary adenomas.