Dr. McInnis is a physiatrist who treats non-surgical sports injuries. She works closely with surgical and physical therapy colleagues to develop non-operative treatment programs to return patients to athletic and recreational activity.
- Clinical Interests
- Non-operative sports medicine
- Shoulder & elbow injuries
- Foot & ankle injuries
- Knee injuries
- Hip injuries
- Injuries in female athletes
- Overuse injuries
- Stress fractures
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound and intervention
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Medical Education
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Foxborough: Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Patriot Place
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. McInnis received her BA from Boston College and her DO from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. After completing her residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Harvard Medical School/Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, where she served as Chief Resident, Dr. McInnis completed a fellowship in Non-operative Sports Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. McInnis is board certified in both PM & R and Sports Medicine and is the Program Director of the Harvard – Spaulding PM & R sports medicine fellowship program. She is a team physician for the Boston Red Sox and is a team consultant for the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins and New England Revolution. She is the head team physician for Curry College and Suffolk University.
Dr. McInnis has clinical interest and research interests in overuse injuries in the endurance athlete; with special considerations in the female athlete. She works closely with patients, staff physical therapists and sports orthopaedists to develop strategies for injury management, prevention and performance enhancement. In addition, she has completed specialized training in musculoskeletal ultrasound and is interested in the application of diagnostic and interventional techniques for sports injury, including orthobiologic injection therapy (platelet rich plasma/PRP and stem cell injections).
Dr. McInnis was featured on the Charged podcast, which is a podcast from Mass General that seeks to uncover the stories of women leading health care today. Listen to her episode.
- Research Summary
Dr. McInnis has completed specialized training in musculoskeletal ultrasound and is interested in the application of diagnostic and interventional techniques for sports injury, including orthobiologic injection therapy (platelet rich plasma/PRP and stem cell injections).
- McInnis KC and Krivickas LS. Nerve injuries of the shoulder and upper arm in athletes. In: Akuthota V and Herring S, editors. Nerve and Vascular Disorders in Sports. Springer Publishing. 2009.
- McInnis KC. Repetitive Strain Injuries. In: Frontera W and Silver J, editors. Clinical Physical Medicine: Musculoskeletal Disorders. Pain and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier. 2008.
- McInnis KC. Neck injury-wrestling. Clinical Case Abstract. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 2008; Volume 40:5 Supplement.
- McInnis KC. Shoulder injury-weightlifting. Clinical Case Abstract. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 2007;Volume 39:5 Supplement.
- Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC, et al. Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal and pelvic disorders of pregnancy. Critical Reviews in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 2006;18(3):187-204.
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
20 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035