A limited amount of scholarship money is awarded to dietetic interns through the Louise Hatch Fund. Application for the Hatch Scholarship occurs after acceptance to the program. These awards are based on financial need. Everyone who applies is considered.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and The Massachusetts Dietetic Association offer graduate scholarships. Your state's dietetic associations may also offer scholarships.
Cost of Attendance
- Enrollment fee: $500 (to be applied to tuition)
- Total Tuition and fees: $7,500
- Total estimated costs for books and supplies: $400-$500
- Lab coats: $30-$50
- Books: $200-$300
- Room and board on campus: Not Applicable
- Living expenses (rent, food, bills): $1,400-$1,600 / month
- Travel/transportation: variable
- MGH Discount T pass: $70 a month
While enrolled in the dietetic internship you are considered a full time graduate student according to the Federal Student Aid and Student Loan guidelines. You may be considered eligible to defer any current student loans you may have. You may also be eligible for private student loans through banks and other financial agencies. We can provide resources and work with you to determine eligibility.
Working During the Internship
The Department of Nutrition & Food Services catering operations employs interns on an as needed basis. Some interns also opt for a part time job, but please note, jobs with minimal, flexible hours are most appropriate.
As a Dietetic Intern at Mass General you are qualified to receive perks associated with being a member of the Mass General staff.
- Health Care: Health insurance is offered to interns at Mass General rates at up to $65 per month depending on plan chosen.
- Intern Office: Dietetic interns have a private office where they share two computers. Each intern has access to a personal locker.
- Lunch: Dietetic interns are allotted $7 per work day for lunch, valid at any of the eight Mass General retail operations.
- Gym Membership: Interns are eligible for Mass General membership rates at the Clubs at Charles River Park.
- Parking: Dietetic interns are eligible for free weekend and weeknight parking in designated Mass General parking garages located on the main campus. There is no daytime parking available.
- Transportation: Interns are able to purchase MBTA passes at reduced monthly rates. For full rates and MBTA services visit the MBTA website. A free Partners shuttle is also available, shuttle time and routes can be viewed here. Mass General also offers a free, covered and locked bike cage for any of those that ride to work.
- Mass General Perks: Interns receive weekly emails that list current perks offered to Mass General employees. These include discounted tickets to world famous shows performing in Boston, local events and amusement parks, movie theaters and discounts to various vendors.
All dietetic interns may contact the Mass General internship program for individual financial assistance as necessary.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Report:The U.S. Department of Education requires disclosure of student debt and employment information to assist students in making informed decisions prior to enrolling in this education program. View the report.
For Safety and Security Surveys, click here. For the latest Mass General safety statistics, follow the links on www.massgeneral.org/police for annual reports. View the Mass General Clery Safety Report.