William Carlson, MD, PhD
William Carlson, MD, PhD
Chair of the Cardiology Fellowship Selection Committee
Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About William Carlson, MD, PhD
Dr. Carlson received his BA from Harvard College and then completed his MD and PhD at Yale University. After finishing his residency in Internal Medicine at New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, he came back to Boston for a fellowship in Cardiology at Mass General/Harvard Medical School. He has been on the staff at Mass General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School since then. His clinical focus has been on Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant. He serves on a variety of hospital committees and chairs the Cardiology Fellowship Selection Committee.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Advanced Heart Failure
Mass General Heart Center: Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
American Board Certifications
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Carlson has focused his clinical practice on Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant. He is internationally know for his work on the design and development of drugs using the three dimensional structure of proteins. His work has focused on renin inhibitors, carvedilol and growth factor mimetics, but includes biomarkers and immunosuppressants to prevent organ rejection post transplant
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Excaliper: A resource for developing EKG-reading skills
Developed by a Mass General cardiologist, Excaliper provides case-based, interactive videos written by our team of expert cardiologist educators.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings