Nandita Scott, MD
Nandita Scott, MD
Co-Director Corrigan Women's Heart Health Program
Director Cardiovascular Medicine Section
Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Nandita Scott, MD
Dr. Scott is a graduate of the University of Ottawa Medical School in Ontario, Canada. She held the positions of Chief Internal Medicine and Chief Cardiology Resident. She subsequently completed a fellowship in Echocardiography at Massachusetts General Hospital.
She worked on Cape Cod for several years and became involved with the American Heart Association to help found the first Go Red For Women Luncheon there. As a result she was awarded the American Heart Association Physician of the Year Award in 2005.
She joined the Cardiology Division at MGH in 2007 and is currently the Co-Director for the Corrigan Womans Heart Health Program.
Dr. Scott also helped establish the Cardiovascular Disease and Pregnancy Service at MGH and sees women who develop heart disease during pregnancy or pregnant women with pre-existing cardiac conditions.
- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy
- Heart disease in women
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD)
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine
- Residency, Ottawa Civic Hospital
- Residency, Ottawa Heart Institute
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Laupacis A, Sekar N, Stiell I. Clinical Prediction Rules: Review and Suggested Modification of the Methodological Standards. Journal of the American Medical Association 1997; 277:488-94.
- Scott N, LeMay M, Ruddy T, DeKemp R, Labinaz M, Marquis JF, Laramee L, OBrien E, Williams W, Higginson L, Beanlands R. Evaluation of myocardial perfusion post myocardial infarction in patients receiving primary stent implantation or t-PA. American Journal of Cardiology 2001;88(8):886-889
- Martin F, Sanchez PL, Doherty E, Colon-Hernandez PJ, Delgado G, Inglessis I, Scott N, Hung J, King ME, Buonanno F, Demirjian Z, deMoor M, Palacios IF. Percutaneous Transcatheter Closure of Patient Foramen Ovale in Patients with Paradoxical Embolism. Circulation 2002;106:1121-26
- Scott NS, King ME, McQuillan B, Shariff S, Hung J, Januzzi JL, Palacios IF, Picard MH. Effect of Atrial Septal Mobility on Transcatheter Closure of Interatrial Communications. Echocardiography 2003;20(8):711-14
- Scott NS, Picard MH. Ventricular Function. In: Atlas of Echocardiography Aula Medica Editions 2002
- Sekar N, Green M. EKG of the month. Perspectives in Cardiology 1998;14(2):31-32
- Scott N, Weyman A. Mitral Valve Replacement for Restenosis after Repeat Percutaneous Mitral Valvuloplasty. Rev Cardiovasc Med 2002;3(3):148-151
- Scott N, Veinot JP, Chan KL. Communications to the Editor: Symptoms in Cardiac Myxoma. Chest 2003;124:2408
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Excaliper: A resource for developing EKG-reading skills
Developed by a Mass General cardiologist, Excaliper provides case-based, interactive videos written by our team of expert cardiologist educators.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings