Department of Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine Research
Learn more about the research conducted by DGIM, from clinical epidemiology to health policy, as well as our institutional partners.
The DGIM is home to more than forty full-time investigators. Learn more about their research.
Our Research Topics
Researchers in DGIM focus on a full range of topics, from preventive medicine and population health to improving patient care and managing chronic disease.
- HIV/AIDS: Effectiveness of interventions to improve the HIV continuum of care, cost-effective care for patients with HIV
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Response to COVID-19 pandemic, the impact on care, associated risk factors, reducing health disparities
- Cancer Continuum of Care: Prevention, improving care, patient navigation, screening interventions
- Risk and Decision Making: Identifying risk factors, interventions in care, patient decision-making
- Management of Chronic Conditions: Associated risk factors, novel treatments, disparities in care for vulnerable populations
- Tobacco Cessation and Substance Use: Replacement therapy and treatment, care re-design, risk for vulnerable populations
- Behavior and Clinical Interventions: Patient educational tools, care continuum transformations
- Health Disparities and Social Determinants: education and training, re-designing roles, improving patient experience and outcomes