The Gupta Family Endowed Prize for Innovation in ALS Care is a global prize to honor ground-breaking new approaches that lead to exceptional care for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This annual prize is awarded to a nominated team who has developed promising new approaches to improving care for people living with ALS. The goal of this prize is to encourage idea sharing, innovation, and forward thinking on scalable ongoing and ground-breaking projects that have directly improved ALS patient care.
The Gupta Family Endowed Prize was established in 2021 at the Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Mass General under the direction of Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, Chief of Neurology at Mass General.
The 2021 Gupta Family Endowed Prize is accepting global nominations for teams that made a significant impact on ALS care. There are no limits on the types of solutions to improve care. Examples of ALS care innovation include but are not limited to assistive technology, multidisciplinary care, communication and education, trials, nutrition.
- The project nominated should be realized and ongoing as well as scalable to reach a larger group of people living with ALS within 1 year
- Nominees should have a touchpoint with patients and/or caregivers
- Nominations are accepted from all but preference will be given to projects led by junior investigators/teams/clinicians
- Nominations do not have to be from an academic institution
- We strongly discourage multiple nominations for the same team as one will suffice
- While self-nominations are allowed, nominations by others are preferred
The awardees will be selected by members of the Gupta family, Healey Center Scientific Advisory Council, NEALS PEACe Committee and advisors who have ALS.
Timeline for Submission
Release date: May 7, 2021
Nomination due: July 2, 2021
Notification to successful candidate: August 2021
Presentation of award: Annual NEALS Meeting, October 6-8, 2021Download nomination form
Submit completed nomination form and supporting documents as a single PDF to email@example.com.
Award: $20,000 USD