Sang-Gil Lee, MD
Sang-Gil Lee, MD
Hand & Arm Orthopaedic Surgeon
Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-1344
About Sang-Gil Lee, MD
Dr. Sang-Gil Lee is an accomplished surgeon and researcher who treats all maladies of the hand and upper extremity, including thoracic outlet syndrome, nerve injuries and vascular problems.
Dr. Lee is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in conditions of the hand and upper extremity. He earned his BA from University of Pennsylvania, and earned his MD from the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Lee completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois and performed a hand fellowship at The Raymond M. Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Lee treats all orthopaedic maladies of the hand and upper extremity, with particular interests in major nerve injuries, brachial plexus injuries, vascular problems as well as thoracic outlet syndrome. Dr. Lee has researched, published and presented on many topics regarding the hand and upper extremity.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Elbow problems
- Hand surgery
- Nerve injuries
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Vascular medicine
- Wrist problems
Mass General Orthopaedics: Hawthorne Place
One Hawthorne Place
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University Of Oklahoma
- Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowship, Union Memorial Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Hand Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthplan (non-HMO) - other
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lee has researched and presented on many topics related to the hand and upper extremity including thoracic outlet syndrome, nerve injuries, vascular problems and brachial plexus injuries.
- Kadzielski J, Malhotra LR, Zurakowski D, Lee SG, Jupiter JB, Ring D. Evaluation of preoperative expectations and patient satisfaction after carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg Am. 2008 Dec;33(10):1783-8.
- Lozano, S; Blazar, P.; Zurakowski, D.; Lee, SP.; Ring, D.: Diagnosis of Scaphoid Fracture Displacement Using Radiography and Computed Tomography JBJS 2006: 88:2695-2703.
- Nazzal A, Lozano-Calderón S, Jupiter JB, Rosenzweig JS, Randolph MA, Lee SG. A histologic analysis of the effects of stainless steel and titanium implants adjacent to tendons: an experimental rabbit study. J Hand Surg Am. 2006 Sep;31(7):1123-30.
- Ring D, Kadzielski J, Malhotra L, Lee SG, Jupiter JB. Psychological factors associated with idiopathic arm pain. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Feb;87(2):374-80.
- Lee SG, Jupiter JB. Phalangeal and metacarpal fractures of the hand. Hand Clin. 2000 Aug;16(3):323-32, vii.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
A New Vision for HCORP
Christopher Bono, MD, director of the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, is ready to train the next generation of orthopedic surgeons.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings