David Binder, MD
David Binder, MD
Director of Spine Training for the Harvard/Spaulding Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
Instructor in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-8636
Cambridge, MAPhone: 617-876-4344
About David Binder, MD
Dr. Binder earned his BS at the State University of New York at Geneseo and his MD at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Following medical school, Dr. Binder completed his residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, where he was Chief Resident. Dr. Binder also completed a fellowship in Pediatric and Adult Pain Management where he worked at Brigham & Women's Hospital, Children's Hospital of Boston and Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Dr. Binder focuses on treating low back pain, neck pain and musculoskeletal conditions. He places emphasis on incorporating a multidisciplinary approach focused on reducing pain, restoring function and improving quality of life. In addition to providing conservative treatments, Dr. Binder also performs various spine and joint interventional procedures such as epidural steroid injections.
Dr. Binder is Board Certified in both Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
As the Director of Spine Training for the Harvard/Spaulding Sports Medicine Fellowship Program, Dr. Binder is responsible for the development of the knowledge base and skills needed to diagnose and treat spine and sports related conditions, including fluoroscopically guided spine and joint injections. Dr. Binder also serves as the Medical Director for the Spaulding Cambridge Outpatient Center.
- Disc herniation
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint pain
- Interventional pain management
- Low back pain
- Lumbar radiculopathy
- Medial branch block
- Neck pain
- Nerve block
- Radiofrequency lesioning
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine Care
- Trigger point injections
Orthopaedic Spine Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care
1575 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
- MD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to his leadership positions, Dr. Binder is actively involved in care redesign initiatives at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is currently involved in research focused on the use of educational decision aids aimed at improving patient understanding of treatment options.
Dr. Binder is also involved in innovation initiatives aimed at discovering healthcare related solutions.
- Binder DS, Nampiaparampil DE. The provocative lumbar facet joint. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2009 Mar;2(1):15-24. doi: 10.1007/s12178-008-9039-y. Epub 2009 Mar 31.
- Choi H, Binder DS, Oropilla ML, Bernotus EE, Konya D, Nee MA, Tammaro EA, Sabharwal S. Evaluation of selected laboratory components of a comprehensive periodic health evaluation for veterans with spinal cord injury and disorders. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 May;87(5):603-10.
- Binder, DS. Lipid Testing in Patients With Spinal Cord Injury. Rehab News 2005;6:1-2.
- Binder DS, Akbik H, Wennemer H, Tammaro B. Chronic Pain Exacerbated by Constipation in Spinal Cord Injury: A Case Study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2005;84:227-8.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
A New Vision for HCORP
Christopher Bono, MD, director of the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, is ready to train the next generation of orthopedic surgeons.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings